In 2021, Coi Leray started a trend when she showcased her new braids. People were enamoured with the hairstyle and even went as far as to name it the Coi Leray Braids. It is a style that was inspired by a kind of tribal braid. Hence, if you are into tribal braids, or simply looking for something new to try, you must check out the Coil Leray braids.
This style will make you feel years younger and bring forth a youthful playfulness. The truth is when you look good, you feel good about yourself and your immediate surroundings. The Coi Leray will make you feel the best, eventually boosting up your self-esteem and confidence.
- 1 Our Top 11 Favourite Coi Leray Braids Hairstyles
- 1.1 Coi Leray Braids With Curly Ends
- 1.2 Coi Leray Braids With Curls
- 1.3 Coi Leray Braids With Beads
- 1.4 Coi Leray Box Braids
- 1.5 Coi Leray Knotless Braids
- 1.6 Jumbo Coi Leray Braids
- 1.7 Small Coi Leray Braids
- 1.8 Coi Leray Braids Long
- 1.9 Coi Leray Braids Short
- 1.10 Coi Leray Braids Blonde
- 1.11 Coi Leray Braids Red
What are Coi Leray Braids?
Coi Leray is an American singer who has inspired a braided hairstyle among the youth to a point that she became the namesake of the hairstyle.
In simple words, Coi Leray Braids are a form of jumbo braids. One of the key features is that the braids are knotless. Also, the main element is the middle part style of the hair. Overall, the style includes about half to a dozen thick braids neatly weaved in with curls at the end.
Our Top 11 Favourite Coi Leray Braids Hairstyles
Coi Leray Braids gained massive instantaneous popularity right after the singer first showcased the look publicly. The charming and playful guise with the right amount of elegance made the overall style chic enough to be worn with any outfit for every occasion.
We have made a list of some of our absolute favourite Coi Leray braids-inspired hairstyles that you must try. We are confident you will love these as much as we do.
Coi Leray Braids With Curly Ends
Coi Leray Braids with curly ends is the original look. This is the look from which other Coi Leray braids styles were inspired. This style consists of six to twelve thick braids that will be done down to around three fourth of the hair length. The last one-fourth will be curled using curling or perm rods. That’s it! You have your classic Coi Leray Braids.
Coi Leray Braids With Curls
If you like curls and want more of them to make your hair look spiced up, you could try this style. You will get the classic Coi Leray braids but will merely need to tie in extra curly synthetic loose hair. The final look will make you feel as ethereal as a forest nymph.
Coi Leray Braids With Beads
Now, if you want a slightly more traditional style, we know exactly what you need. The answer is beads. Braiding with beads will never go wrong. It is a style our ancestors embraced, and it continues to be a style we embrace. So, just get your dozen or so braids and slip in some lovely beads at the end of each of the braids.
Coi Leray Box Braids
We believe box braids are the holy grail when it comes to any kind of tribal braiding and similar braiding styles. Hence, Coi Leray’s look with box braids makes the entire style more divine. If you love box braids and adore Leray’s braids, then do not forgo this fusion.
Coi Leray Knotless Braids
While knots are reliable and effective, let’s face it, we all prefer knotless braids due to the immaculate appearance they create. They are great for those of you who want to create the illusion of the braids having been done with your natural hair. So, if you want to create such an illusion, you could without any hesitation try this style.
Jumbo Coi Leray Braids
If you want to stick to the classic Coi Leray braiding style, make certain the braids are jumbo in size. The main reason why the hairstyle became so trendy was because the singer wore her hair in jumbo style, and how effortlessly she pulled off the look.
Small Coi Leray Braids
If you are not a big fan of jumbo braids, you could try out the exact opposite braids, which are the small ones. The small Coi Leray braids look more lively and will make your hair look fuller if you get more than a dozen braids.
Coi Leray Braids Long
The long hairstyle will always be fashionable and exquisite. All of you harnessing your femininity will adore Coi Leray’s long braids as the look will make you feel like a goddess vibrating in her truest essence. So, what are you waiting for? If this hairstyle is up to your alley, get it today!
Coi Leray Braids Short
Some of you might prefer short hair due to its easy-going nature, and the care-free appeal it creates. For you all, we have this style with short hair that will definitely call out to you. It will express your personality, and make you feel ready for whatever you have got going on.
Coi Leray Braids Blonde
A lot of the time blonde hair could be associated with fun summer days. This time around if you are looking for a different blonde summer look, the Coi Leray blonde braids are your answer. You will look ready for all summer fun like beach parties, music festivals, road trips, etc.
Coi Leray Braids Red
If you are not a blonde hair person but still want a different colored hair than your natural hair color, why not try out red braids? They are feisty and amusing. And we all can agree, we hope, that red braids can liven up any outfit, which is a big winning point.
How to Do Coi Leray Braids?
We will brief you on how to do the Coil Leray Braid hairstyle at home by yourself. It is actually easier than you would have presumed. However, if you would like a detailed demonstration, you can check out this excellent Coi Leray Braids tutorial.
Now before we begin, let us list down all the products you will need to successfully acquire this style.
- Braiding synthetic hair of favourite or preferred brand
- A rat-tail comb
- Elastic rubber bands
- Conditioning gel (shining jam)
- Hair mousse
- Perm rods
Once you have gathered all the necessary products, it is time to get started with the braiding process. We’ve simplified the steps for your benefit, so you can follow them to get the best results.
- Brush your hair and stretch them out. Using the rat tail comb divide a section horizontally in the back of your head. Pinup the rest of the hair on top of your head, these will be separated into two more sections with a middle part.
- Next, divide the hair on the back into three different sections, this time vertically. Don’t forget to use a shining gem as you divide your hair so that it will be more manageable and controlled.
- Now you need to start the long process of braiding. Take the first section of hair, and start braiding your natural hair as it will help to prevent knots. But gradually add synthetic braiding hair to increase the thickness of the braids. Once you’ve braided three fourth down the length, tie your hair with a rubber band.
- Repeat this procedure for the rest of the two sections before moving on to the top two sections of the head.
- Once you’ve braided all your hair, it’s time to curl the ends. Use perm rods to roll up the hair from the ends up to the elastic rubber band. Do this for all the braided sections.
- While you let the perm rods do the magic, apply a mousse on braids on top of your hair. To allow them to set in, tie a silk scarf around that region of the head.
- Take boiling hot water in a pot and dip the perm rods curled around your hair into the water for a few seconds. Do this in sections and then gently pat your hair dry with a towel.
- You can then remove the perm rods and let your hair down, which should be curly now.
- Don’t forget to remove the silk scarf. And voila! You have Coi Leray braids to fit right in with the trend.
Frequently Asked Questions
We have answered some common questions related to Coi Leray Braids for your benefit.
How Many Braids Does Coi Leray Have?
The style usually has six to sixteen braids but can have more than that too.
How Long Does It Take To Do Coi Leray Braids?
The time will depend on the length and size of your braids. However, on average it takes about an hour or so.
Do You Need To Crochet Coi Leray Braids?
No, you won’t have to crochet the braids as you will merely need to add and braid in synthetic hair with your natural hair.
Is Coi Leray Braids Harmful?
No, it is not harmful. You can safely keep it up to 6 weeks as it is a protective hairstyle.
Can You Do Coi Leray Braids At Home?
Yes, it is possible to do it at home by yourself. We have elaborated the steps on how to do Coi Leray braids in the article above.
How Much Do Coi Leray Braids Cost?
The faux braiding hair you will need to acquire this look comes in various price ranges depending upon the brand you pick.
To Sum Up
Coi Leray Braids gained such popularity due to the fresh feel the look brought into the fashion world. The hairstyle is a statement and can be worn and enjoyed by anybody who fancies braided hairstyles. It is simple and easy to be worn like many other braid styles such as tribal braids. If you are familiar with the maintenance of braids, there is nothing extra you need to do for this. It is a gorgeous charming look that will be more than suitable for every occasion in your life.